Resolving Back Pain:
This is the hard bit!
Back pain and Sciatica may be separate
- Sometimes back pain and leg pain (sciatica) are caused by one problem such as a slipped disc and can be treated together
- For patients with mostly or only pain in the back other causes and treatments need to be considered
Back pain can be complex
- Several structures can be the source of back pain including:
Trapped or scarred nerves
Damaged intervertebral discs
MRI Scans are necessary but not sufficient
- Scans rarely diagnose the source of pain directly
- Most back pain patients will need diagnostic blocks, tests and provocations
- InsightSpine are acknowledged experts in the techniques required for full diagnosis of back pain and can keep all of this management together “under one roof”
Resolving Back Pain: This is the hard bit!
- InsightSpine have a proven track record in resolving back pain, where possible
- A comprehensive range of treatments are needed and InsightSpine are able to offer a full range of options
- InsightSpine are highly experienced in specialised treatments for the commonest causes chronic back pain including Coblation and DISC-FX.
- In the few cases where additional surgery such as fusion is needed we will refer to selected colleagues
DISC-FX L4/5 with instrument in place for removal of disc nucleus.