Quicker and better:
Less risk, faster recovery.
- Endoscopic access to deep spinal structures is the least invasive option currently available
- No spinal muscles are cut and disruption, bleeding and scarring are minimised
- Less trauma means less risk, less after procedure pain and minimal risk of long-term complication such as “failed back surgery syndrome”.
- Typical skin incision is about a thumb-nail wide and may need only strips or 1 or 2 stitches. Disc-FX may need only a skin stab and a plaster
- Over, half of cases are undertaken as day case with sedation: walk in and walk out the same day.
- All of this means quicker recovery, typically the worst of the operation is past in a day or two. Our first UK sciatica patient was walking his dog the next morning!
- However, additional care is required for up to 4 weeks before heavy lifting and with prolonged sitting
Here is one of our patients enjoying his return to skiing 6 weeks after his